Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hungry like the wolf

For some reason, I couldn't quite think of song lyrics that would go well with this post.

When I was a small child, I had stuffed animal toy unlike any other--it was a purple, pregnant kitty called "Kitty Surprise." There was a velcro opening along her tummy that you could open (to simulate a very intense C-section, I suppose) to reveal several kittens nestled inside. To impregnate her again, all you had to do was put the kittens back inside her fabric womb and close the velcro.

As a 21-year-old, I'm not exactly sure what the point of this toy was. To initiate a conversation about how those little kitties really got there? To relive the miracle of birth over, and over, and over again? To play "Surprise Surprise," where the mommy kitty actually gives birth to...puppies? Dad's car keys? A sock? Pokemon?

Anyway, Happy Mothers' Day, all. Here are some pictures.

Who wouldn't want one?

The miracle of...birth?


No comments: