Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I have opinions! (Too!)

Dear ladies and gentledudes,

I am Dria's husband. I say that because most of the readers of this blog probably came from her previous blog rather than mine, so I need to introduce myself. I'm an avid watcher of Psych and the Office, which I discovered after being deprived for far too long, and I am almost as entertaining as Dria is. Or at least I think I am.

We've made some progress in the apartment-organizing project. Our kitchen now looks like it's no longer a permanent storage unit for pack rats (and mice, too). We just had our first home-cooked breakfast as a married couple; I made some adorable heart-shaped melt-in-your-mouth pancakes (that's what the box called the recipe anyway) with chocolate chips. Obviously, this was also the most healthy breakfast we've ever had as a couple, too.

Being married is like an endless sleepover. It's so fun to get into our jammies, cuddle up on the couch or on the bed, and watch movies until we fall asleep. Last night, we watched The Sandlot; it was my first time seeing it, believe it or not, and oh how I missed out as a youth! Now I FINALLY understand what my friends were referring to when they would say, "You're KILLING me, Smalls!" and what my professor was quoting when he would talk about things lasting "FOREEEEE-VER!" I feel like I have grown as a person. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful wife who cares enough about my well-being to make sure I see these classic movies that I somehow missed out on as a kid.

I blame video games.

No comments: