Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

#mormonism #christianity

I don't know if you've seen this or other similar videos making the interwebs rounds, but there seems to be some confusion and misperceptions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also called the Mormon Church. Seeing as I am a Mormon and have an opinion about this, let me just make it clear: We do believe in Jesus Christ, and we most certainly consider ourselves Christians. In fact, Christ is the center of our religion.

I could go into more detail on this, but I understand that, well, most of you reading this probably share similar religious persuasions, and those of you who don't would probably prefer to do your own research. If you are interested in learning more specifics, please visit mormon.org, which gives really great information on what we believe.

Also, I very much appreciate the respectful attitude most news reporters and politicians have shown regarding our faith. I find that very commendable.

No comments: