Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

I wanna be the very best

So I've been debating for months about signing up for this Pro Web Design Course that's taught by a web designer who I've been following for quite some time. The steep price drove me away from it, until Ben Hunt (that's the guys name) posted a presentation on his site about how web design can be a great way to graduate from school debt-free. Now, as a premed student, I don't expect any job to get me out of school without at least a ton of debt, but I could sure use all the help I can get!

Anyway, after intense soul-searching and learning more about the unique research that went into the course, I finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. I felt confident that Ben could teach me web design that would be much more effective (and profitable!) than anything I could figure out on my own.

And good news! I've finished just my first day of the course, and I've already learned some amazing things that I had never thought about before. Not only does this course teach web design itself, but it also focuses on business and sales, which are essential in both being a freelance designer and in designing web sites that will actually help the businesses that pay for them.

So if anyone out there is interested in doing web design, be sure to check this course out. I can't say for sure just how great it will be yet, but I'll let you know as I get further along.

No comments: