Hey dudes 'n' ladydudes. I got nominated for a Liebster Award! I don't usually do this stuff, but it came from my cousins, McCall and Brevin over at Snapshots, and I like them, so I decided to join in. Here are the large pictures for you to look at now.
11 facts about meeeeeee:
1. When I was little, my parents would ask me to "hold a hand" to cross the street. Not wanting to give up my freedom, I took advantage of the linguistic ambiguity of that phrase by holding my own hand to cross the street.
2. I've been an anonymous writer for a high school and a university publication.
3. I have mild synesthesia. Letters, numbers, words, and music have colors to me.
4. I love Nancy Drew computer games. They are so awesome. I was embarrassed of that for a brief period of time (the Dark Time, when I dated mean people), but then I was like, "You know what? Screw you! These games are fun."
5. My lil' sis is adopted, and we're twelve 'n' a half years apart. She's aaaaaaalmost taller than me now.
6. I'm a feminist. But you already knew that.
7. I am an extremely picky reader, a relatively picky movie watcher, and a not very picky television watcher.
8. I was nominated by my choir teacher in high school to go on a choir/band tour trip to Europe. And I went. (And so did my cousin, Brevin!)
9. Once, my roomie and I were at a play, and some dude pulled her on stage to dance, and she dragged me along with her. And verily, we danced with an attractive man to a weird version of this song. It was magical.
10. I wrote a scholarly paper on the word "jimmered" once for a linguistics class.
11. I did karate with my brother and dad during middle school and high school.
11ish blogs I'm nominating:
Celeste's blog is Overworked Little Writer
Karissa's blog is Be of Good Cheer
Mike's blog is just because
Kristy's blog is Chilly's World
Jenn's blog is Life as a Lindsay
Katie's blog is Hillbilly and Mountain Girl
Rachel's blog is Climbing to the Top
Emily's blog is Perceptions and Facts
11 answers to McCall's questions:
1. If you could write for any well known magazine or newspaper, what would you write for? I'd write for Ms. magazine, of course! Think of all the amazing people I'd meet! Holy frijoles, Batman.
2. What is your favorite school subject?
In high school, I enjoyed English, AP European history, human development, clothing construction, sociology, psychology, and choir.
3. Did the Chicken or the Egg come first?
Both, I suppose:
4. How often do you sing in the shower?
Pretty much never.
5. If you had 12 kids what would their names be?
Kid, child, niño, niña, you, him, her, the baby, the blond one, the blonde one, boy, girl
6. City or Country living?
7. What is your favorite smell?
8. What blog do you visit the most?
Probably Feministing (rated R for discussing Real Life and sometimes swearing about it) and Feminist Mormon Housewives (rated A for Awesome and Aggravating material).
9. If you could write a book, what would the name of it be?
Andria's Book obvs
10. If you could only use one form of social media for the rest of your life, what social media website would you choose?
Blogging, because I like the angry comments. Jk jk I like writing and stuff.
11. What is your most prized possession?
My collection of clay figurines that Jordan has made me for our anniversary every year. Each one is a scene of something from that year. They're really sweet.
1. What is your favorite type of book to read?
2. What is your dream job?
3. If you could visit any country, which would you visit?
4. Where do you think you'll be in ten years?
5. If your 16-year-old self could see you now, what would he or she think of you?
6. If you could donate one million dollars to any charity, which would it be?
7. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?
8. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which would you choose?
9. What is your favorite type of music?
10. How old were you when you had your first kiss, and how did it happen?
11. Who is your favorite figure from history?