Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Depression is annoying.

Even when life is pretty dang awesome, depression kinda lurks in the corner. Sometimes it gets tired of being ignored, so it tries to convince you to feel bad for no real reason.


So you feel bad, because it told you to.


Obviously, this is pretty frustrating. I've never been particularly good at ignoring my feelings and pretending to feel a different way, which makes it hard to say, "Heck no depression, you're stupid. Go away." But I think I'm getting better at it. For me, finding positive ways to distract myself help me remember that I'm not unhappy, even though my body thinks I should be. Going on walks and reading and not eating brownies for breakfast are a good start. And I always cheer up when I watch the misadventures of the Bluth family. Seriously, watching Arrested Development should probably be considered an antidepressant. Although the FDA would have to include a warning on the box that you'll get addicted within five minutes of watching.